- Finest quality, delicious, sweet cherry Karonda fruits are used for making the Murabba
- Cherry karonda is Excellent Source of Vital Nutrients.
- The fruit of Karonda is an astringent, antiscorbutic (having the effect of preventing or curing scurvy) as it has vitamin C, which helps with growth and repair of tissues
- It is believed to benefit anemia patients, given that it is a rich source of iron, improving the purification of blood and red blood cells.
- The fruit is known to keep the liver healthy, by stopping its excessive secretion of bile thus helping in bad digestion and stomach pain.
- Shelf life 12 months, made of Natural quality ingredients and has home made flavor and taste.
Karonda is an evergreen deciduous shrub, that is believed to have originated in the Himalayas, thus making it an indigenous crop. It is extensively cultivated in the Northern mountains and the Western Ghats in India, as well as in Nepal, Sri Lanka and other South-East Asian countries.
Carissa carandas is a species of flowering shrub in the family Apocynaceae. It produces berry-sized fruits that are commonly used as a condiment in Indian pickles and spices. ... Common names in English include Bengal currant, Christ's thorn, carandas plum and karanda.